- Tasked with managing a game app-developer competition for youth.
- Needed to encourage youth to develop an educational HIV/STD prevention app.
- Had to target youth of different genders, ethnic groups and sexual orientations.
- Could only reach youth through social media, due to legacy government requirements.
- Campaign had no budget for paid media.
- Targeted tech incubators, coding schools and academia to guide app developers.
- Collaborated with influential bloggers, trade publication journalists and social media influencers to target developers.
- Selected relevant conferences to promote competition and increase participation.
- Hosted competition at ChallengePost.com for expedited design, setup, activation and monitoring.
- Implemented submission tracking to improve submissions processing.
- Conducted end-to-end Challenge management.
- Awarded $30,000 in cash prizes, recognizing five different apps.
- Held winners’ forum to congratulate contestants and showcase their work.
- Recognized as one of Challenge.gov’s Open Innovation “Best in Creative/Design & Multimedia” https://www.challenge.gov/challenge-gov-celebrates-five-years-of-open-innovation/